Monday, July 20, 2009

a little chivalry


There is a quite a bit of material in this piece I found folded up in a bin at an estate sale last week. While the Middle Ages were never all that interesting to me, I thought this little print was just adorable, so I had to add it to my collection of things from the past. Unfortunately there is no identification along the edges, so I don't know very much about it.
A few months ago, I had the chance to look through that book 'Wearing Propaganda,' which makes me wonder if this print was created with a message in mind. Originally I was thinking 1950's, since I don't often find things older than that, but the small size of the pattern makes me thing 30's now. Any thoughts?
I wonder...what did the original purchaser plan to do with it all those years ago? There are two sort-of curved cuts in one end that look to me rather like an arm hole had been cut out. Perhaps a dress was made?

No comments:

Post a Comment